Monday, October 25, 2010

THE GROWN MAN AND THE DOG

Sometimes in life,we neglect the abstract;the truths that seems so clear but yet lies so hidden. An instance, is the failure to see our human selves through the eyes of animals. Wether we like it or not,we too are animals.Higher though, the human is, but true is the fact that our lives sometimes seem alike. Far from it our animal instincts but closer yet,the different stages of our lives; the basis of my theory.

After a long evening at the bar with a friend, he gets a call from a Dog Breeder to come and check out a puppy.We exitedly left together,to see this little 'man's best friend'. It was the cutest caucasian I had ever seen. It was chubby and hairy and its nose was so wet it looked like a stuffed animal.

I picked it up and carried it like a baby. I played with it; I rubbed its fur, tickled it and let it chase after me. It loved it and it rolled on its back asking for more then I paused! I took a long look at it and stared into its brown eyes and I realized that this lovely cheerful puppy would grow into a fierce, vicious and perhaps ferocious Dog!

He wouldn't whine,and would not like you to carry him and tickle him without caution anymore. He would prefer to eat more bones with some flesh but not milk and then when you try to make him chase too long,he would bark,bark and bark in anger!

Now you wonder why I am telling you this story, but take a while and ponder; can you see the grown man through the eyes of a Dog? Do they share a similar story from boy to man: puppy to dog?

As a boy, I was my mom's cute puppy. Oh! How she loved to toss me,tickle me,carry me in her arms and cuddle me warmly. I did not resent it one bit. I loved to be tied to her apron and seat on her laps and be willing to do as she says. I would roll on my back and ask for more.

However as a grown man, a fine Dog I have become. Not resenting mom's love but not wanting to be fed milk anymore. I have loosened myself from her apron and I have carved my own space. I am not disobedient but I am not entirely obedient. I bark sometimes when my space is getting crowded and I need some air,I bark really loud when I am being made to chase for too long.It is not a sign of rebellion, it is not anarchy, it is simply the dog; the grown man.

Sometimes mom doesn't understand that the grown man is still that boy only now with his own mind and opinions he wishes to be respected. The grown man is the boy but sandwiched between live ambitions, naked emotions, and human chemistry. He still has a pee-pee but the bushes in its vine makes it a penis and he becomes aware of its other functions.

The grown man is not angry, only not happy to learn that the world, as he once knew it,now had a bed that is not all roses but delicately blended with thorns and he must lie on it. The boy hasn't changed, he only has experienced so much,he has grown.

finally,no matter how far a dog wonders,like the grown man too,he is almost always going to find his way back home.So when he barks, beneath it all,try once more to hear him whine,only then would you understand that he is still that cute little puppy that you once cuddled warmly only now he wants to be heard.woof!woof!!woof!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment